Trump (Again) Seeks Environmental Spending Cuts
If you think America should be doing more to protect the environment, you’re not alone.
At Environmental Action, we know that we only have one environment — and that it’s worth investing to protect it. The health of our communities depends on clean air and water. Abundant wildlife and protected places safeguard the delicate ecosystems that are key to our survival and quality of life.
Help save America’s most important environmental watchdog. Send a new message to your U.S. representative and senators and urge your lawmakers to protect our health and environment by fully funding the Environmental Protection Agency.
Environmental Spending at Stake
Less than half of those polled are now satisfied with the quality of our country’s environment, according to a recent Gallup poll.1 And nearly three in four Americans agree with the statement that “the country should do whatever it takes to protect the environment,” according to the Pew Research Center.2
Unfortunately, the president’s proposed 2019 budget slashes EPA funding by nearly a quarter, compromising the ability of an already-underfunded EPA to keep our air and water clean and protect public health. 3,4
How You Can Help
Last year, you helped stop more than $1.5 billion in proposed cuts to environmental protection programs across the country.5 With your help, we saved funding for programs to clean up the Great Lakes, Puget Sound, and more. You sounded the alarm about the dangers of flooded Superfund sites in the aftermath of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria.
You stopped the Trump administration’s efforts to slash EPA funding in 2017. Now we need your help to stop them again.
We’re counting on you to take action. Please sign our new petition for the EPA now and speak out to stop devastating cuts to environmental protection efforts.
- Justin McCarthy, “Satisfaction With Quality of Environment in U.S. at New Low,” Gallup, February 12, 2018.
- Monica Anderson, “For Earth Day, here’s how Americans view environmental issues,” Pew Research Center, April 20, 2017.
- Brady Dennis, “Trump budget seeks 23 percent cut at EPA, eliminating dozens of programs,” The Washington Post, February 8, 2018.
- John Light, “Here’s What a Defunded EPA Means for America,” Moyers and Company, February 3, 2017.
- “2017 Environmental Action Impact Report,” Environmental Action, December 2017.